Missing system config tools?

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 17:43:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 12:26 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> On 4/14/06, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>
>         Le Ven 14 avril 2006 11:30, Arthur Pemberton a écrit :
>         > Are there any popular administrative tasks for which a
>         system-config-*
>         > tool
>         > is missing from Fedora? My last attempt to make one has
>         already been made
>         > redundant.
>
>         Last time I looked, the lvm conf tool was a bit simplisitic
>         and a great
>         way to destroy a system (hint try it with lvm root)
>
> Destroy a system you say huh. I don't think I have enough Karma to
> spare for that. Any other suggestions?

I have been toying around with updating the users and groups control
panel to be able to administer users and groups on an ldap server.  I
also have a mock up of adding a security tab that allows you to add
groups to the UGROUP setting in /etc/security/console.apps.  This would
allow us the "power user functionality" for certain configuration items
without needing the root password.  If that interests you I would be
more than happy to pass it along.

Jon