Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Apr 16 08:49:23 UTC 2006

Last year, after Fedora applied to participate in Google's Summer of Code
2005, we created the FedoraBounties page on the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties

This page features specific ideas for new projects that the Fedora Project
would like to see completed.  Several of these ideas were selected by
students for the Summer of Code event.

Now, Google has just announced the Summer of Code 2006.  Although the Fedora
Project has not yet applied to participate this year, I suspect we are likely
to do so.  However, our Fedora Bounties list is now quite short.  We need
fresh ideas.  If there are any projects that you would like to see, please
add them to the FedoraBounties page.  These can include ideas that you may
have had but don't have time to work on, problems that you have encountered
that need attention, or tools you really wish we had.

Assuming we do participate in this year's event, we can expect several of the
project ideas to be selected again, so this is an excellent opportunity to
suggest long-missed projects.  Students will be able to apply for this year's
event after May 1st, so there isn't much time to get your ideas listed.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com