FC5 kernel updates

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Apr 18 02:31:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 22:13 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> > All, good, but will/should FC5 work with the current rawhide kernels?
>
> c'mon... you know the drill... its rawhide. Rawhide eats babies.  You
> are free to use rawhide is small chunks are in large pieces... either
> way noone is going to promise you that its suppose to
> work...especially outside of the coordinating test release phases.

Yeah, yeah, I know this drill.

I'm not asking will rawhide eat my babies.  I'm asking has anything
major changed in the rawhide kernel since FC5 that would mean that the
kernel just won't work and isn't worth trying.

I just thought a quick low band-width question on a mailing list might
be better than a high bandwidth download, but maybe I should just put my
babies on a plate, add a little sauce and see whether the rawhide kernel
is hungry.

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"