AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Thu Apr 20 13:26:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 07:30:51PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 00:45 +0100, Cam wrote:
> > Kristian
> >
> > I tried this just for fun on my ATI r300 and was surprised that it
> > almost worked. I get what looks like an alpha channel (blue screen with
> > shadows on it). True to the notes I can turn compositing off and
> > everything is back to normal.
>
> I saw the same thing on my laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility something
> or other.

Are there any differences between the FC5 and rawhide packages?  I was
working with Bill Nottingham last night, who has an identical graphics
card, and his setup was working with AIGLX whereas mine wasn't.  The
only difference that we could see was that Bill was running rawhide, and
I was running FC5.

The chipset in question is an ATI r250.

josh