AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Thu Apr 20 23:15:30 UTC 2006

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 00:33 -0400, Joel Rittvo wrote:
>> Is it possible (as in: would it work) to use metacity with a KDE
>> desktop, or is this fun only for a gnome desktop at this point?
>
> metacity is just a window manager. There's almost no reason you can't
> use it in place of kwin.

I renamed /usr/bin/kwin to /usr/bin/kwin-real, and then made a symlink
between metacity and kwin.  Everything seems to be running fine calling
metacity in this roundabout way.

Could someone tell me the correct way to tell KDE to use metacity
instead of kwin so I can undo this kludge method, though. Thanks!

Joel Rittvo