AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Fri Apr 21 10:23:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 19:30 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 00:45 +0100, Cam wrote:
> > Kristian
> >
> > I tried this just for fun on my ATI r300 and was surprised that it
> > almost worked. I get what looks like an alpha channel (blue screen with
> > shadows on it). True to the notes I can turn compositing off and
> > everything is back to normal.
>
> I saw the same thing on my laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility something
> or other.

I also see the blue background with shadows only, when using aiglx, with
a radeon laptop. What might be interesting is that it works a lot better
when i switch from 24bit to 16bit mode (I can't test 32bit since that
doesn't seem to be supported with the radeon driver).

For OpenGL applications i get the following warning:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b

But they seem to work kind of, glxgears for example works, but the
OpenGL part of the window is always ontop. Blender does weird things
also, it looks OK but parts of the windows are black when you move the
cursor over them (blender does things like highlighting, and the whole
GUI is in OpenGL).

What also is interesting (but probably unrelated to aiglx itself) is
that my mouse stopped working, i can only use my touchpad now.

But it looks promising :-)

- Erwin