Fedora core suggestions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 23:27:18 UTC 2006

On 4/21/06, David-Paul Niner <dpniner at dpniner.name> wrote:
> Maybe 100 people will believe that to be a ridiculous idea, but if a
> handful of people start talking about it, who knows where it would lead?

I know where it will lead... to a 120 post long thread with 12
participants. 6 of which think their ideas are great but don't have
the resources to implement any of them. The other 6 thinks the ideas
are bad and have decided that convincing the other 6 through sheer
superhuman retorical prowess is a constructive way to earn brownie
points with the 5 people in the thread that agree with them.  No wait
13 particpants. The 13th participant who hates everyone on general
principle and only gets involved in the discussion because the themes
being badly expressed by the other 12 people are too important to not
have something worthwhile come out of the discussion.

-jef"Generally good ideas are generally very bad discussions. Boring,
mind-numbing detailed specific implementation issues are far more
constructive discussions"spaleta