FC5 rocks!

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Apr 24 21:26:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, April 24, 2006 3:24 pm, Jeff Spaleta said:
> of the middle-click button.  Explain the me the point of including the
> middle-click functionality in an input device and making it
> delibrately difficult to use. Sounds like pathetically poor hardware
> design to me.

That's just pissing against the wind. And I don't know about you,
but this is certainly not a smart thing to do in a group :)

The market has spoken and they like the wheel a lot more than the
middle button. Until market condition changes, there's no point
debating it.

Now, the fact that the middle button switched misteriously for me
on my Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse during the FC4 -> FC5 update
from the 'middle' wheel to a side obscure button doesn't help users
get the warm and fuzzy about its use. Needless to say, I was sure
pasting got b0rken for misterious reasons until I discovered the
new button...

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.