ipw3945 packaging

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 15:08:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 07:31 +0000, Jon Escombe wrote:
> I've been looking at what would be involved in packaging the Intel 3945 wireless
> driver. The biggest obstacle appears to be the requirement for updated ieee80211
> files[1].

Actually, it's easy enough to pull the two or three functions needed
from the updated ieee80211 stack and make them private to the driver.
It then builds and works fine.

> Are there any plans to merge these updates into the FC5 kernel? And,
> if so, any plans for a ipw3945 driver package from Fedora?

The answer as always for drivers in the main kernel package is "get it
upstream".  And for better or worse, I think that the regulatory daemon
is likely to be a big sticking point for the driver going upstream :(

Jeremy