Fedora's Userfiendliness (was Re: Leaving?)

Deji Akingunola dakingun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 21:15:13 UTC 2006

On 8/2/06, Chris Chabot <chabotc at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  Honestly as hard as i know it is for people to let go of a feeling of
> 'vengance', no where in my post did i mention anything related to 'non
> opensource'.
>
>  I know some of this thread was about nvidia drivers related to xorg 7.1,
> however please, keep an open mind to what people are trying to say. if not
> the bitterness you feel for one subject will make you blind to other
> wisdoms.
>
>  As Hans's thread read "this is *NOT* about the aiglx/nvidia example", very
> few people seemed to grasp this concept, and thought his only intrest was to
> fuel an ever expanding flame war? Not so .. there was a very good different
> point in there, that had nothing to do with the 'open source vs not open
> source drivers' debate.

I've never use Ubuntu, so I don't know how it feels/looks/works, but
apart from closed/proprietary drivers, patented audio/video codecs and
such, in what ways is Ubuntu more user friendly than Fedora? I believe
outlining such areas would be useful for Fedora developers and
contributors to know.

Deji