Upgrade Mesa to latest Mesa-CVS?

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 13:59:04 UTC 2006

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Adam Jackson <ajackson <at> redhat.com> writes:
>> Requires moderately non-trivial fixes to the X server build system too,
>> which is why I haven't done it yet.  Probably should do though.  I just
>> hate to be in a situation where we're shipping CVS bits in FC6; I keep
>> hoping Mesa will hurry up and release a 6.5.1 already.
>
> Anything I can do to help? Are you really planning on updating mesa for
> FC-6, or would it be worth my time to see if I can isolate a few
> important r300 fixes and backport those?

Planning a backport, yes.  There are apparently enough Intel and <=R200
issues fixed in CVS that it should just be done whole.  Hopefully 6.5.1
happens Really Freaking Soon so I don't have to ship CVS bits in FC6.

That said, if updated srpms for mesa and xorg-x11-server were to
magically appear in Bugzilla for me, I certainly wouldn't object ;)

- ajax