Using kudzu as a "black box"

Christian Gonzalez christiang020 at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 4 21:54:19 UTC 2006

(First of all, sorry for my english.)

Hi.

I hope this is the correct place for asking about kudzu. If not, please tell
me where I should go.

I'm creating a hardware detection tool for use it in a K12LTSP-based distro.
Is it possible to use kudzu for hardware detection in a different machine? I
mean:

1. In a thinclient, I get the output of lspci, dmesg or wathever kudzu needs,
using a boot floppy.

2. In LTSP server, I use kudzu for reading this output (maybe with -f
parameter) and get the apropiated modules for video, sound and network cards.

3. With this info, I'll create entries in lts.conf file for the thinclient.

Can I use kudzu as a "black box"? Is there a better way?

Thank you for any comment about this.
--
Christian González G.
http://www.edulinux.cl