Config dialog on every login?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Aug 10 08:45:01 UTC 2006

Small add-on:

Joachim Selke schrieb:

> I think it's a bad idea at all to start a user program on every login by
> default.

I (as the maintainer of mail-notification) agree with that in general.
That's why I mailed the author of mail-notification and discussed the
issue with him. He didn't want to change the behavior AFAICS.

I'm willing to apply patches to mail-notification that modify the
behavior so the dialog comes up only once (or even never). But I don't
know C enough to do it myself. And I strongly believe that it should be
fixed upstream and not only in Fedora Extras.

But I chose to *not remove* the autostart file (as Joachim suggested)
because that would make it a lot harder for people to make sure
mail-notification gets started on every log-in.

CU
thl