Dependencies a little excessive?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Aug 11 03:47:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:27:40PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > Yeah, I think that's his point -- from a user point of view, it's
> > unpredictable behavior.
> is it?
> yum will install all archs that it CAN
> seems predictable to me.

Yeah, but for a naive (take that however you want) user, it's unpredictable
when multiple architectures will be available for a given package.

I'm not so hung up on this particular point personally, though. I'm just
trying to explain what I think the previous poster meant.

I guess my main complaint boils down to "this behavior seems un-yumlike".
It's an intuitive dislike. I mean, disk space and bandwith are cheap enough
that there's not much of a practical problem. (Except it's annoying when
building software which wants to link against 32-bit stuff just cause hey,
it's there. But that's not yum's fault.)