Wither Bling?

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 14:55:47 UTC 2006

Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> So if I have to rebuild metacity myself, how do I re-enable compositing?
> I looked at the spec and I can't see where it explicitly disables it and
> the configure script seems to assume that it's on (only
> --disable-composite seems to be valid.)

No, it is disabled by default in upstream metacity. To turn it on pass
--enable-compositor (note -tor, not -te).
You will need the libcm library as well, either checked out of GNOME cvs
or the tarball from the last bling-build of metacity. The last tarball
is also available here:

    http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/libcm-0.0.22.tar.gz

Soren