some closure on the xorg updates issue

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 11 15:25:09 UTC 2006

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
>> So what is the solution you are suggesting? The balance we are trying to
>> reach here is avoid regressions while being a fast moving distribution.
>
> 1. Breaking a proprietary driver which was never supported is not a regression.
> 2. As for actual regressions (i.e. not 1.), if the upgrade fixes more than it
> breaks, it is a net win. This is what needs to be evaluated, and what
> updates-testing is for.

We have already discussed all the pros and cons within the board taking
into account the discussions in the previous thread and talking to the
current Fedora Xorg maintainers about it. We arent going to rehash all
that right now. We have made the decision and have announced it. You are
free to host your own repository with the Xorg updates and invite others
to use it however.  Thank you.

Rahul