SSHd

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Aug 21 02:07:23 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 07:54:01PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> The best bet would be to create a system-config-sshd that could be run
> during first boot if so needed. In most cases it is better to run
> stuff in first-boot than in anaconda (where most people just seem to
> hit enter.)

Errr, yeah, but how are you going to get to firstboot remotely, then?

In fact, doesn't the continuing "we're pushing everything to firstboot!"
scheme -- which I can see both sides of, but is certainly the chosen
direction -- render irrelevant this whole line of argument for leaving on
ssh-with-root-password?