Multilib in FC7? Disable by default?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Aug 21 13:49:57 UTC 2006

> On Monday 21 August 2006 09:39, seth vidal wrote:
> > why doesn't %post yum remove *.i?86 count?
> >
> > Why does EVERYTHING have to be accessible from within the installer? If
> > a user wants to do something outside of the norm (and not install
> > multilib packages, imo, is outside of the norm) then they should be able
> > to login once and run one command.
>
> Because if I'm installing from remote sources, or if I'm at a datacenter, I
> really don't want to download 2x as many packages, install 2x as many
> packages, go through 2x as many scriptlets, just to remove 1/2 of them at the
> end of it all.  Seems pretty silly to me.  Are we going to get to the point
> where Anaconda just drops enough bits on the filesystem to reboot, launch
> pirut and continue the install from there?

If you're at a datacenter installing linux then you should be installing
by kickstart. If you're not doing that then you're doing a disservice to
your customer b/c of the lack of a consistent install. :)

And then the kickstart install should be something like:

%packages

%post
yum remove \*.i?86
yum install stuff_I_want