Multilib in FC7? Disable by default?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:19:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 10:57 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 16:54 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > Doesn't this seem backwards to you?  Have anaconda run through, do all the dep
> > > checking, pull all the packages down and install them, then remove half of it
> > > (redoing dep checking), get a new list of packages to install, dep check
> > > again, download some more, and then install again?
> > >

> > what about adding a nomultilib boot option to anaconda and document it
> > in the release notes?
> > -> problem solved
>
> adding options everywhere does not, in fact, solve the problem.

In my eyes, multilib is a part of the package selection and should be
controllers by it.
I fail to see why adding i386 packages (or removing them) is any
different then wanting to add/remove any other package.

> It just complicates code maintenance.

Yeah... but the same can be said against any new feature. *

> -sv

Gilboa
* And I should know, I use every-time someone tries to force some
useless feature down my throat... ;)