list of compiz/aiglx compatible cards?

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Tue Aug 22 15:24:25 UTC 2006

> We have a list here:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
>
> Nvidia cards are not going to work, the open driver does not support
> 3d. There's the nouveau.freedesktop.org project that's working on
> making this happen, but they still have a long way to go.  As for ATI,
> r100 - r300 should work, but there's an issue with maximum texture
> size.  We're trying to find a way to fix this, but for now, dropping
> the attached drirc in /etc is a way to work around the problem.  The
> locking problem for matrox cards mentioned on the page was fixed
> recently and I've backported the patch to rawhide, it should show up
> tomorrow - it affects the xserver and the matrox driver rpms. That
> said matrox cards are still very much untested with aiglx and compiz,
> in particular they seem to also have the maximum texture size problem.
>
> cheers,
> Kristian

Very cool, it is working nicely on my IBM TP30 with this card.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

I just installed compiz and detached the drirc to /etc and selected
'Preferences->More Preferences->Desktop Effect' and now it got wobbly
Windows and Workspaces on a Cube.
Very Nice Work.

Tim