Logged out from X during yum update

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:38:52 UTC 2006

2006/12/1, Gianluca Sforna <giallu at gmail.com>:
> I am installing FC-6 onto a brand new server (HP ProLiant ML 350 G5);
> my usual PXE+HTTP installation went just fine.
>
> However, during the first update, I was logged out from X and returned
> to the gdm screen.

Saw this yesterday. Not exactly logged out, but gnome-panel behaved
bizarrely (menus and some applets disappeared, but without dialog
boxes asking to reload) - and could not be restarted. I had to log out
and back in, and then things work normally.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley