CPU Frequency Scaling

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Dec 4 16:59:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:45 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:41:17AM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > knows, maybe the system administrator can just tweak a few settings in
> > the Fedora Directory Server and the changes gets propagated out to his
> > servers. I really think that's the user experience we want; not some set
> > of human-editable configuration files in /etc.
>
> Who is "we" here, though?

Should be evident: only speaking for myself, of course, hoping to
influence the Fedora Project otherwise I wouldn't be posting this to the
development list of the Fedora Project, would I? It's a meritocracy
after all isn't it?

(Hoping this thread won't turn into yet-another-thread about (the
important topic of) how the Fedora project is governed. I'm so not
getting into that because I'm busy enough doing software.)

Now, just because I'm curious, do you disagree this is not the user
experience we want?

(Or did you just want to discuss matters raised in the previous
paragraph? If so, please take it to the fedora-advisory-board at redhat.com
instead. Thanks.)

    David