Question about Fedora Extras 5

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 21:53:15 UTC 2006

> So is this process documented?  Can it be automated so a Extras ISO
> image is created every few weeks or so for example?. During the Fedora
> development process many of the packages in Extras seem to remain broken
> for a longer time than the ones in core which led to the impression for
> me that a release would be required to ensure that the packages work as
> expected.

The "what's required" will be changing with the movement to using yum as
a backend for everything.  Paul has been working on getting the CD
support that we use in anaconda plumbed into yum proper as opposed to
just in anaconda -- once that's done, it starts to be possible to add
the support for CDs in pirut.

Unfortunately, with the time constraints we're under, I'm not sure if
we're really going to make it all the way to the finish line in time for
FC5 :-/

Jeremy