nothing from buildsys?

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Fri Feb 3 10:36:52 UTC 2006

Peter Robinson wrote:
> On 2/3/06, Mike A. Harris <mharris at mharris.ca> wrote:
 >
>>So....   What is this unified across all platforms srpm repo you speak
>>of, and how does it differ from what we've been doing internally for
>>about 4 years?  ;o)
>

> Digging back through my rss feeds it was this post to p.f.o from Jesse
> http://jkeating.livejournal.com/14754.html

Ahhh, I see.  I'm refering to the src.rpm's that are /input/ into the
buildsystem to build the OS on all arches.  I didn't realize the SRPMS
disks we made had different contents per-architecture due to this on
the /output/ side of things. ;o)

Yes, it would definitely be smart to have one ginormic SRPMS disk. ;)

As a total side-question though, just for personal curiousity...

1) How many people actually download the SRPMS disk images?

2) How many people actually really use them for anything?

I always wondered that, because a long time ago, I used to download
them all and burn them, until I realized that I never actually ever
used them.  ;o)  I always downloaded the latest src.rpm from the
ftp server if I needed it, as that way I ensured I was using the
latest one.

I suppose the answer likely varies by global location, and the
cost of internet access in any particular place though.

Anyhoo... back to your regularly scheduled program... ;)

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.