nothing from buildsys?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 18:02:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 05:04 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> So....   What is this unified across all platforms srpm repo you speak
> of, and how does it differ from what we've been doing internally for
> about 4 years?  ;o)

That was my blog.  What we have now once the packages are all built and
we want to make an installable tree set, we build one binary package set
and one source package set for each arch.  As you say, the srpms are
common across all the platforms, but there are some packages that only
get included on one arch or another.  This causes the srpm isos to not
be exactly the same and unlinkable.  To save space / time I am modifying
our tree building software to create ONE master srpm package / cd set
from all the srpms uses across all the arches we ship (in fedora thats
i386, x86_64, and ppc).  So instead of each arch havning a SRPMS/ dir
and a SRPM CD set, there will be one top level sources/ dir that has a
global SRPMS/ dir and an iso dir with isos made from the unified SRPMS.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora