propozition of specs cleanups

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Fri Feb 3 20:51:40 UTC 2006

Hi,
Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> Dnia 03-02-2006, pią o godzinie 12:13 -0500, Jeff Spaleta napisał(a):
>>Trying to apply what you think are appropriate stylistic rules for specfiles
>>without the developers who are maintaining the packages agreeing to
>>consistently use that style in the future just makes work for
>>everyone.
>
> Tring to keep population spec files without common coding style will
> make harder and harder maintaining this even for developers with CVS r/w
> access (think about people like me who want look on this only
> ocasionaly).
I don't think we want people who are confused by empty %doc to maintain
RPM packages ;)

Real packaging bugs are hopefully rare and can be dealt with one at a
time via bugzilla.  "Potential packaging bugs" like using ../man/foo*
instead of ../man/foo.gz, which are not a problem with
redhat-rpm-config, and purely stylistic issues are IMHO not worth
worrying about at all.

There are 6316 open bugs against Fedora right now and the discussion
(and likely disagreement) about stylistic issues with no functional
impact does not noticeably help fixing the real bugs nor developing new
features.
	Mirek