Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Feb 6 17:57:29 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 09:03 -0800, Steve G wrote:
> >
> > Out of curiosity, when the rebuild occurs...does the script use an alphabetical
> > listing of the packages from a to z. Or does the script try to build the packages
> > in a somewhat ordered fashion from no dependencies (attr, zlib, bzip, etc) to
> > more complicated packages that have many dependencies (mkinitrd, pam, slang,
> > etc.)
>
> Mostly just an a to z thing.  The way our current build system works,
> every package is installed into the build root, so at this point we're
> pretty assured that all build reqs will be met.  This is not optimal for
> many reasons, and a replacement build system is being developed that
> fixes this.

I know that yum/mock/plague doesn't quite fit the bill as a beehive
replacement, but it would be nice if RedHat could work with the
community to extend yum/mock/plague rather than re-inventing the wheel.

I know that one thing that plague could use is a way to easily switch
the plague client between two or more plague servers.

Jeff