trying to install rawhide

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 02:39:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 02:43 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
> I have been trying to install the current rawhide on a older machine, to
> test if it works (my current rawhide machine is just an yum updated
> FC4).
>
> But I don't get very far, It boots OK, than i get the language and
> keyboard selection. I select US keyboard and than my A and Q and my W
> and Y keys are switched, and probably a lot of other keys too.

Yeah, somehow the us layout became azerty instead... there's nothing in
the logs to really help in figuring out why.  The x86_64 tree is fine.
So, we're going to see if it goes away tomorrow (in which case, it could
just be something weird on a specific build machine)

> Ignoring the weird keyboard i select http install, and than get the
> Message "Running anaconda, The Fedora System Installer - please wait"
> and pretty much directly after that "install exited abnormally" and
> there my install adventure is over.

Hmm, can you switch to tty3 and see what the last thing printed there?

> It anybody actually using/testing the install system, or is it just
> there for show until the next test release is here ?

We're testing and fixing things as fast as we can -- unfortunately,
we're not perfect yet :-)

Jeremy