Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Feb 7 03:11:43 UTC 2006

I've got a dell inspiron 9300.

> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 21:32 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
> >
> > Hrm.  Does it actually go back to sleep, or just turn the screen off?
>
> Back to sleep.  I see dmesg saying "Entering memsleep" or something like
> that.  The moon lights up on my laptop too.

My power light glows on and off

> > Can you ping it?
>
> I haven't tried to yet, but I'm pretty sure I can't.

Haven't tried either, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't either.

> > What video card do you have?
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV41.8 [GeForce Go
6800] (rev a2)

The box suspends (using gnome-power-manager), but when I press the power
button to resume, it does stuff, but the screen never lights up and so
far I've had to hold the power button until it reboots each time.  (I'll
try pinging at this point tonight too)

R.

 It's much better on my side"