Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Tue Feb 7 10:33:19 UTC 2006

2006-02-07 Michael J Knox <michael at knox.net.nz> wrote

> My laptop, a Toshiba A10, goes to sleep, but never returns. Probably
> file a bug report tonight.

My "noname" - 3-4 years old - laptop goes to sleep, and wakes up.
It takes a good 5-10 minutes before it actually awakes, but it will give
me a password dialog (from the screensaver) eventually.

There are two problems however:

I. The mousepad is completely useless after it returns.  The cursor
moves without any control all over the screen.

II. After 2-3 minutes of working ok (except from the mouse problem) my
wireless card dies.  It spews out messages about TX buffer being full
and not being able to load the firmware, before it stops transmitting
and receiving any data.
The strange thing is that i actually works fine for a few minutes before
this happens, so it seems like something is trying to fix a nonexisiting
problem - and leaving the wireless card (prism54) in an unusable state.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen