Testing Xen. Some quick questions.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Wed Feb 8 03:15:48 UTC 2006

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart &
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

I'm just running through these instructions as a reference for my Xen3
tests on rawhide and all is going pretty well.

I have a test domain (but can't alter the number of VCPUs for some
reason but that's another story) and I'm wondering. Rather than the
pretty ugly system of either :

Make an image file.
Mount.
yum --installroot=blah groupinstall x y z
Configure.

Or the much better system of /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py,

Is there a simple way to fake a netboot so I can use my existing
kickstart scripts and build OS instances the same way I would with
normal physical hardware?
It would be nice to have my hypervisor instance running dhcp + apache
and do localhost kickstart network installs.