Xorg 6.9 Update for FC4?

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Wed Feb 8 07:02:17 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Schlaegel <777tahder at schlaegel.com> wrote:

> I tried to install those packages today via yum, but it seems that their
> xorg-x11-Xnest and xorg-x11-devel packages need xorg-x11 and xorg-x11-libs
> packages with a version at or higher than 6.9.0-1, while the site only
> offers 6.9.0. Perhaps the site is in the middle of an update.
>
> My yum error:
> > xorg-x11-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.5. 100% |=========================| 173
> kB    00:24
> > ---> Package xorg-x11.i386 0:6.9-0.FC4.ucr.5 set to be updated
> [snip]
> > Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11 = 6.9.0-1 is needed by package
> xorg-x11-Xnest
> > Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-libs = 6.9.0-1 is needed by package
> xorg-x11-devel

My error! I had a partial install from my failed attempt to use the kit at
http://sergiomb.no-ip.org/xorg/. <http://sergiomb.no-ip.org/xorg/>
I have now successfully installed a rebuild of those rpms from the src rpm,
but haven't had time to see if they work for me.

Even so, I would still love a version with the mharris magic.