JOnAS on FC5

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Feb 10 19:11:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 16:21 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> It says here:
>
>    1.
>
>       Packages, which need a new maintainer (orphaned packages). A
>       package may need to be dropped from the distribution when it
>       contains security vulnerabilities, gets out-of-date too much
>       and/or becomes incompatible with build dependencies.
>
> And it seems to me that JOnAS and its dependencies fit into this
> category, having been dropped mainly because of dbuild dependency
> issues.  I doubt very much that any of these packages can reasonably
> be described as "new submissions" -- if build problems hadn't cropped
> up they would have been in FC5.

Hmm... This looks like it may contradict the post that I quoted earlier
from spot.  I suspect this predates spot's post and should be removed or
rephrased on the wiki.  Do you want to jump in and clarify things, spot?

> But on the other hand, they never made it into FC5.
>
> I don't mind, really, as long as the work involved in pushing these 30
> packages into extras isn't great.

Depends on what the packages look like and who shows up to review.  It's
peer review on a package by package basis with the guidelines posted on
the wiki as the basic requirements that need to be met.

  http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
  http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

-Toshio