pc hangs when I exit X after yesterdays rawhide update

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:59:25 UTC 2006

Ever since I updated to yesterdays rawhide (Feb 9th) I cannot logout of X
windows without my PC stopping to respond.  When I exit X I get a black
screen, but I cannot type anything.  The only two things that work are the
power button and CTRL-ALT-Delete.  If I press the power button the PC shuts
down like it should, if I CTRL-ALT-Delete the PC reboots.  I would open a
bugzilla about this but to which package would I assign it?  I have a tyan
tiger 100 motherboard (S1832), P3 850Mhz CPU, 384MB RAM, Adaptec 2930U2 scsi
card with 2 western digital 9GB scsi hard drives, 1 ide cdrom burner, a
number 9 Revolution IV video card with 32MB of RAM, and a SGI 1600SW LCD
panel.  As I said eariler this started with yesterdays rawhide update and
todays rawhide does not fix the problem.  What can I do to give you enough
information to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Jason