auid

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 15:04:07 UTC 2006

>As Steve points out someone has to write the 10 line patch to proftpd to make it
>do so (and we have no immediate plans to do so).

vsftpd gets it via pam. When you add pam_loginuid.so to the pam stack for the
session, it automatically does it. We are being very careful to add it to just
the right programs. The criteria is that the program must be an entry point to
the system (login, sshd, vsftptd) or does something on behalf of a user (cron,
at). If anyone does patch other entry point daemons, please send an email to
either fedora-selinux, linux-audit, or fedora-devel mail list so that we know
it's been done. It sometimes requires selinux policy adjustments to work
properly.

Thanks,
-Steve