Bugzilla dupes attack

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Feb 14 19:26:13 UTC 2006

> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> >On 2/14/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >

> >>Typo there.  Regardless of that bugzilla doesnt search closed reports by
> >>default. Search them by default would waste a lot of time and users
> >>generally care only about open bug reports.
> >>

> >I don't really know if you can make that "general" claim.
> >

> Thats the claim being made when selecting the default. Do you believe
> that searching through bugzilla for all the closed bug report makes
> better sense as the default?

Yes.

Or at least, best-when-searching-for-dupes a convenient entry point to
which is part of the submit new bug process.  Perhaps most useful is:
search for open or closed bugs in Fedora Release I'm running or later
(FC3, FC4, devel), (FC4, devel), or (devel) currently (although that
requires asking for the FC-release before running the query.)

-Toshio