Questioning Pirut

Terje Bless link at pobox.com
Sat Feb 18 10:42:50 UTC 2006

>I always wondered when happened to red carpet

It's now a part of Novell's ZENworks Linux Management. See
<http://novell.com/products/zenworks/linuxmanagement/>.

According to our Novell rep, it also can be deployed on RHEL systems (as well as
SUSE) for a common centralized management platform.

Of course, as such it's in direct competition with the RHN product line from Red
Hat — and probably their main strategy for gaining market share — so I somehow
doubt we'll see any Red Hat initiatives to adopt it. Not that it can very easily
be repurposed to be independent of Novell's ZLM infrastructure — that I can see
anyway — so I suspect it'd be a poor fit for Fedora in any case.

--
  I'm [less] than thrilled by the [VM situation]; all sides of it. I [think]
  we need a [fork] in that area so that you guys would stop stepping on each