Questioning Pirut

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 19:24:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 00:45 +1030, n0dalus wrote:
> On 2/20/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Making some nice icons for it shouldn't be too hard, but there are
> some other issues with Pirut that are concerning. One is memory usage;
> last time I looked Pirut used well over 100MB of system memory while
> doing nothing. I am unable to see if that's improved at the moment
> because Pirut now crashes with a backtrace on startup (not straight
> away, it chews up 50MB of system memory first).

Memory usage is already less than that of system-config-packages when
dealing with a significantly larger body of packages.  Which isn't to
say it can't get better, but things are moving in the right direction.

As for the backtrace, can you please ensure that it's fine in test3
(works on my laptop and all of my test systems) and if not, please file
in bugzilla!

Thanks,

Jeremy