FC5T3 on x86_64

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Feb 21 05:47:15 UTC 2006

I'm trying to upgrade an FC4 box (x86_64) to FC5T3, but I'm getting an
error just after "Preparing transaction from the installation media".
Basically, the message is something like "We should really show you the
debug info here, but we'll just fail instead." On VT3 I can see that
there are file conflicts between packages from FC4 and FC5T3, namely
for xpdf, xorg-x11-devel, python-devel, vim-common and e2fsprogs. Not
sure if those are harmless or if they are actually causing the install
to stop.

The box is running RAID1 (md) and LVM - not sure if that's somehow
related. It also has 32 bit libs installed.

--
Bojan