OpenLDAP config update from RPM

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:18:10 UTC 2006

> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 19:35 -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 01:16 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > > That is what i did now, because i saw some other RPM's that used "patch"
> > > to change system config files like postgres, openldap and httpd/tomcat
> >                                     ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Do you remember which packages dealt with postgres that way ?
>
> Those "other RPM's" were some Open Xchange RPM's I found on the net,
> nothing official.
>
> -Erwin
>

> --

actually with a small python script the "include" bit can be added and
removed from the openldap config in a rather clean way so open xchange
can work out of the box if you do it with %post*
if theres no security problem etc with it why not add it? Sure its
always "not that nice" to do stuff like that but in the end i see it
as somewhat of a design flaw of the server package.
a /etc/ldap.config.d/ or something similar would fix it properly in my eyes.

regards,
rudolf kastl