The future of Linux - architecture and package

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer ml2news at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 17:29:55 UTC 2006

alan at redhat.com (Alan Cox) writes:
> >  - xpdf         PDF file viewer for the X Window System.
>
> Unusuably bad with most modern pdf files

Allow me to disagree here, I can forward you quite a bunch of recent pdfs
evince can't read or just render the wrong way.

For example I've got the manual for a Canon camera that has a big "COPY"
sign in the background and that's the only thing evince renders (on all
pages).

--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer
    "Le disparu, si l'on vénère sa mémoire, est plus présent et