Non-free Extras?

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:03:52 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Avi Kivity <avi at argo.co.il> wrote:

> Goede, J.W.R. de wrote:
>
> >Talking about solutions and not problems I propose:
> >-Fedora Extras (as is)
> >-Fedora Patent Encumbered (better name) aka
> > Debian non-US
> >-Fedora Non Commercial
> >-Fedora Non Free
> >

> We would also need
> -Fedora for Non-Lawyers
>
> for ordinary users. How is one supposed to figure out where to look for
> things, and what all these repositories mean? This should be kept simple.

Is there a way of including proprietary drivers with the Fedora Project?  In
time, Nvidia, ATI et al will definitely have the best available linux
drivers for their hardware so it seems inevitable that proprietary drivers
will have to be included in Fedora.

They're giving away their drivers for free anyways.

Benji