Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:13:56 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Igor Jagec <igorm5 at vip.hr> wrote:
> What if we uninstall the official nVidia tarball and install Livna
> nvidia package, do we back things in order? Or it takes some extra
> manual work?

If you ever install from the nvidia tarball.. you have to reinstall
the Core mesa packages to make sure the Core mesa libraries are put
back as expected. The livna packages prevent problems... they do not
fix the problems caused by tarball based installs. The livna packages
by design do not touch the library files owned by Core packages so
they can not fix problems associated with vendor tarball installs
overwriting those libraries.

-jef