preview native x86_64 openoffice.org rpms

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 15:30:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 15:19 +0000, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> 1. It gives some strange errors when you first fire it up about
> importing previous version information - it's looking in the OOo 1.1.3
> directories instead of the 2.0 ones
> 2. The default font has changed from the one I set up in the "proper"
> distro rpms (I have it set on Arial)

Normal, as a dev package it believes itself to be a different beast to
2.0.X and gives the stock "walk through import and register waffle" of
an upstream build and it's own separate settings dir

> 3. It has decided to default the dictionary back to the US one rather
> than the one I had set (English).
> 4. As I'm learning German, I had the UI set to German. It's now in
> English. This could be down to a langpack problem though.

Yeah, this is also normal. Only en_US support is in that package.

> I doubt any of these warrant a BZ entry.

What you need to look out for is "ka-boom", or more likely graphics and
other binary or xml formats importing and exporting causing hangs or
exported documents not possible to open on another platform.

C.