Any ppc netboot install instructions out there?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 23 17:06:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:35 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm pretty new to the ppc architecture and really have no clue how to
> start a kickstart install on a ppc Mac via network (PXE? netboot?)
> start.  I do PXE installs on x86 all the time...

You just need to get OpenFirmware to tftp-boot the netboot image
appropriate to your machine (ppc32.img or ppc64.img from images/netboot/
in the install tree).

For instructions on getting OF to do that, try Google, or #mklinux or
#fedora-ppc on FreeNode. I don't remember offhand how to do it on Macs.

--
dwmw2