DRI permission problem

Emeric Maschino emeric.maschino at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 24 12:03:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm running up-to-date Rawhide on my Itanium workstation. However, when
I'm trying glxinfo as root or as user emeric, I'm getting:

libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  22
name of display: :0.0

I don't understand what's wrong with the permissions. As user emeric,
ls -lZ /dev/dri/card0 gives:

crw-------  emeric  root  system_u:object_r:dri_device_t  /dev/dri/card0

Furthermore, the DRI section in my xorg.conf file is as follows:

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666
EndSection

I've checked on a x86 FC4 system: the DRI section is identical. None of
the hints found with Google worked for me.

Does anybody understand what's wrong? Is this an ia64-specific issue?

Many thanks,

	Émeric