Patterned slow-down over the entire GNOME desktop

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:42:24 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> This is an important point - like I said, this is a slower computer, and
> it's not all that slow (I would say 18 seconds as opposed to 4 to start
> up gnumeric). Jeff, you have faster processors, and you have two of
> them, so maybe you don't see a problem.

yep.. your right... there is a huge jump in cpu technology between my
athlon 1800mp cpus and your athlon 1600.... even when i boot the
system into the uniprocessor kernel and attempt to recreate these
symptoms without any success.  Yes most definitely we are much more
dissimiliar than the difference between your system and nicolas's
reported athlon 550.
Shrug, I hope you two pinpoint the problem.

-jef