ATrpms and FC5/RHEL5

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jan 3 09:14:18 UTC 2006

On Mar 3 janvier 2006 10:00, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 12:10 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

> 4a) Wait for bug to be CLOSED/WONTFIX because maintainer's needs would
> e.g. mean possibly violating patents.
>
> Unless everything has plug-ins or some other witty scheme to handle that
> comes up, we will likely see people rebuilding core packages with stuff
> enabled that we don't.

Now that gstreamer got working mp3/mpeg2/dvd pluggins in livna, a lot of
the video-related forks could be solved by just using totem or another
gstreamer-based app as video player.

Seems this is the only video stack right now that got clean pluggin
separation, enabling free/non-free repo separation without overlaps.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot