rawhide report: 20060104 changes

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Thu Jan 5 16:36:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 09:26 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 03:16 -0500, Build System wrote:
> > libgnomecanvas-2.13.0-1
> > -----------------------
> > * Tue Jan 03 2006 Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> - 2.13.0-1
> > - Update to 2.13.0
> >
> Hmm, after updating this I'm getting the following error when I try to
> 'startx'.
>

> This is in the middle of some other Xorg output (about Synaptics stuff)
> but it's the only thing that seemed out of place and since I had to
> write it down to type in again on a different install I didn't bother to
> note all the other stuff (but will if someone thinks it's important.

Maybe it's not related, or maybe it is but....  I did a fresh install
just the other day (minimal FC4 since I had the media handy, and then
updated to Rawhide) and had some odd issues with Gnome.  It seemed that
certain RPMs didn't want to install properly for some odd reason.  After
reinstalling a few RPMS (avahi was one that was being a problem as I
recall), I was getting farther, but then Gnome didn't display any icons
or images.  It turned out that gtk2 was hosed for some reason.
Reinstalling it made everything start to work normally.