suspend/hibernate on desktops

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 00:26:50 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:

> The biggest problem we have with suspend/resume is making the video
> come back on when we resume.  On some laptops, the BIOS
> re-POST's the chip itself, so nothing needs to be done.

I'll try the "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" I've see suggested in various places.

Resume was "better" for me up until the last kernel or two before FC5T2,
it did used to power back on and then realize it hadn't re-initialised
the SATA disks, I presume today's kernel with git11 would fix that if it
got that far (it panics and flashes the keyboard LEDS as soon as it
powers back on)